Sabado, Pebrero 1, 2014

Blogpost#3 Do You Take This Pillow as Your Wife?




They say love comes in different forms, it can either be to an inanimate object or to a fictional character, or both. I too have my fair share of attractions to fictional characters, especially the anime girls. My fictional crush in this world is a character from the Attack on Titan anime called Mikasa. I'm not really that obsessed with her, I just find it peaceful if she is my wallpaper icon, and sometimes I wish she was real and she became my girlfriend, but I know that I could never live that fantasy. The case however, is different for a random citizen in Japan, as he is a man who lives his fantasy.







According to the article Strange: 28-Year Old Japanese Man Marries Pillow, written by Daniel from informationng.com, " The 28-year old Otaku (a Japanese term that roughly translates to somewhere between ‘obsessive’ and ‘nerd’), took that love a step further  by getting married to his pillow in a special ceremony that was well publicized in the local media after fitting it out with a wedding dress for the service in front of a local priest. The pillow has an image of Fate Testarossa, from the ‘magical girl’ anime series Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. "

The man is actually a Korean and his name is Lee Jin-gyu, and he fell for the anime character, Fate Testarossa, who is a strong willed person and a very loving and caring person for her friends and family.  Lee also takes the pillow to dinner and the theme park. This being said, the man is very obsessed with his pillow, and he treats it as a normal person. Majority of the population may find this weird, but I don't find this particularly weird, because I heard a case like this before, the difference between this case and the one I heard about is, Lee married a pillow, while the other one I heard about married a video game character. 





Another statement by FLufee from smosh.com, from his article Man Marries Pillow, said that "This man apparently decided to get married to his pillow shortly after another man in Japan got married to his virtual girlfriend. Well, at least if you talk to a virtual girlfriend she will reply -- there's not a lot of pillow talk to be had with a pillow, hah see what I did there?".

We speculate that Lee did this just to get famous, but it is not guaranteed, for all we know, he could just be a man with a brain disorder or something. In my opinion Lee did not do this just to get famous, I believe he has "Toonophilia", a phillia where a real person gets really attracted to a cartoon or anime character.



If you ask me if this is right or wrong, I could only say either. It is good that this man does what he really wants, despite of this world's laws and rules. But it is wrong to take things this far just because of your obsession to an anime character. If there is one thing that this phenomena tells us, it's that anime is very influential to us, our addiction to it could take us to unusual places, these places could either be good or bad, the important thing is that they help us shape our personality.








Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento